Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"Why Me?" No More

I love my husband, I love my girls.  Without question, these are the most important people that will ever exist to me.  We have had our issues, problems and fights, but we are strong.

I have spent 4 wonderful years with the hubs by my side...wait a minute, we've been married 8!  Yes, this is the reality of a military marriage.  I used to (and sometimes still do) throw my hands up and ask "Why me?"  The second he steps on the plane to be gone for a year or more, our normal, boring lives suddenly go topsy turvy.

Case and point, two days after he left this time, my little Kitty Cat was chemically blinded for a few weeks.  Yes, it was on purpose and completely medically necessary, but why now? Why me? One week later I was in the ER with Boo after she fell off of her bike.  Two days after that (and probably a direct result there of) we had a raging stomach flu tear through the house...lovely!  Mommy doesn't do puke!  No way! Why me?

Anyone who ever told you bad things come in threes way lying!  Over the next 4 months we did not go more than a week between catastrophes.  Seriously?! Why me?! So, during the hubs' mid tour leave, I was going to show him the chaos that we had been subjected to...the only problem was NOTHING happened!  That's right, not a single splinter, runny nose, or ER trip...until the day before he left!  Can anyone say stomach bug?  Arg! Why me?

Why me? Because I am strong enough to be mommy and daddy, but still let daddy be daddy when he comes home!  Why me?  Because crying isn't weakness, it is strength overflowing! Why me? Because I chose this life and make the best of everyday...chaos and all.  Why me?  Because my girlies deserve it, because my hubby deserves it!  Why me? Because it's not just me, it is thousands of other military wives that put on our collective big girl panties everyday and say "Bring it on! Try me!"


No comments:

Post a Comment